Born 1974. Chief Executive Officer since 2012.
- Education: M.Sc. in pharmacy, Uppsala University and MBA, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Background: Jonas Hansson is the co-founder of Wilson Therapeutics. In addition he is a Venture Partner of HealthCap, a leading European venture capital firm investing exclusively and globally in life sciences. Prior to joining HealthCap, Mr.Hansson held various sales and marketing positions with Janssen Pharmaceutica (J&J).
Born 1963. Chief Medical Officer since 2015.
- Education: MD and Ph.D. in neuroscience, University of Linköping.
- Background: Dr.Bjartmar joined Wilson Therapeutics from Genzyme, a Sanofi Company, where he had roles leading clinical development of treatments for rare and neurological disorders. Prior to Genzyme he held positions in Clinical Development, Neurology, at Lundbeck A/S, Denmark. He has also been a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Department of Neurosciences, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, USA. Dr.Bjartmar has authored more than 30 international publications.
Born 1951. Vice President and Head of Clinical Operations since 2014.
- Education: MS in pharmacology, Northeastern University, Boston and BS in biology, Bridgewater State College.
- Background: Susan Flint was previously the Executive Director and Head of Clinical Operations at Oxyrane, Ltd., a rare and orphan disease company based in Gent, Belgium. Prior to that, Ms. Flint worked in the international regulatory affairs department at Takeda (Millennium), and was the Vice President of Clinical Operations at Navidea Biopharmaceuticals and Epix Pharmaceuticals. In addition, she was the Vice President of the clinical operations department at Cato Research, a specialty regulatory affairs CRO based in Durham, NC.
Born 1971. Chief Financial Officer since 2015.
- Education: BA, business administration and economics, Stockholm University and M.Sc., Engineering Physics, the Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm.
- Background: Anders Martin-Löf was previously CFO of RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ), a medical technology company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Mr. Martin-Löf has also served as Director of Investor Relations and held various business development positions for the listed biotech company Swedish Orphan Biovitrum. Before that, he was a management consultant at the Boston Consulting Group, Cell Network and co-founder and CEO of ScienceCap. He has also attended the Swedish Army Language School and worked at the Swedish Consulate General in St. Petersburg, Russia.
Born 1967. Vice President of Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) since 2012.
- Education: Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Stockholm University.
- Background: Lars Olsson was previously with Karo Bio, Acadia Pharmaceuticals and Medivir serving in roles as CMC function head or development specialist. Lars has an academic background within carbohydrate chemistry and spent more than 2.5 years as a post-doctoral researcher at NPGRI-institute and University of Alberta. Before moving into smaller pharma companies Lars has also spent 7 years with AstraZeneca in Södertälje in various roles in the Process R&D organization.
Born 1968. Chief Scientific Officer since 2014.
- Education: M.Sc. Biology and Ph.D. Immunology and Cell Biology, Technical University of Munich.
- Background: Dr. Plitz joined Wilson Therapeutics from Shire where he served in an R&D leadership role covering development assets & marketed brands in rare disorders of iron overload, gastroenterology, and renal disease. Dr. Plitz also held various positions in research and global product development at Serono and Merck Serono, where he led Early Development in Neuroinflammatory Disorders and worked on development of neuroscience assets. Dr. Plitz is co-inventor on several patents.
Born 1957. Chief Regulatory Officer since 2016.
- Education: B.Sc. Microbiology/Genetics and Ph.D. Molecular Genetics, Queen Mary College, University of London.
- Background: Rick Lilley was previously SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs, for Vertex Pharmaceuticals, based in Boston, USA. Dr. Lilley has also served as VP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs for UCB, based in Belgium, VP, Head of European Regulatory Affairs for Johnson & Johnson in the UK, and SVP, Head of Global Regulatory Affairs & Compliance for Shire Pharmaceuticals, in the UK and USA. Prior to these roles, Dr. Lilley worked in a number of scientific and drug development/regulatory affairs roles, including two periods in Japan, one as a development & regulatory consultant with AstraZeneca.
Born 1973. Vice President Commercial Planning & Launch Strategy since 2016.
- Education: M.Sc. in Chemistry & Biology, Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg (F). Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, University of Bern.
- Background: Vincent Metzler was previously holding commercial leadership positions at Alexion Pharmaceuticals, lastly as Head of EMEA Marketing Soliris & Core Member of the Soliris Global Leadership Team. Before that, he held various marketing & sales positions at Miltenyi Biotec GmbH, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Amgen Inc. and Idexx Laboratories.